To apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, you must:
- Be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- Be found admissible to Canada.
- Meet certain other conditions.
- The persons ties to the home country.
- The purpose of the visit.
- The persons family and financial situation.
- The overall economic and political stability of the home country.
- An invitation from a Canadian host.
- Provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who meets a minimum income threshold.
- Prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year.
- Meet certain health and character requirements.
- Under this Super Visa Parents and Grandparents of Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents can apply for Multiple Entry Visa for up to 10 years, if the application is approved, you will be issued a letter to present to a Canada Border Services Agency officer at the port of entry when you arrive in Canada. The officer may authorize a visit to Canada for up to two years.